“We used the NSW Chamber’s industrial relations hotline and they could not have been more helpful…”
— local Canowindra business
The Local Chamber Alliance program
The New South Wales Business Chamber (NSWBC) is a 12,000+ member chamber organisation which promotes the interests of NSW business at the state and federal level.
Canowindra Business Chamber (CBC) is a member of the NSWBC’s ‘Lcoal Chamber Alliance Program’, which make a range of NSWBC-delivered benefits available to CBC members!
NSWBC organise their benefits around 5 themes of :
- ‘business networking’
- ‘compliance and risk’ (esp. in relation to employment and workplace safety)
- ‘increasing profit/productivity’
- ‘advocacy to State and federal Government’
- ‘business support’
Among other things, tangible benefits include:
- regular relevant emails from NSWBC about local events with a business focus
- discounts to NSWBC events
- inclusion in the NSWBC member directory
- a range of ‘business guidance’ materials, including phone support to navigate these resources
- a limited number of phone support calls regarding workplace compliance queries
Are these services useful? Yes! A member recently wrote:
“We used the NSW Chamber’s industrial relations hotline and they could not have been more helpful. They even asked us to send our own business specific documents for their review and advice. Considering how much some industry associations charge to provide a similar service, it was extremely economical. They have other hotlines which we will now look into using as it’s all free once we’ve paid cour Canowindra Business Chamber membership.”
These benefits are normally available to full members of the NSWBC (minimally $585/yr for their ‘Business Essentials’ program), but via the alliance program, most are also available to members of Canowindra Business Chamber. At just 50/yr for CBC memberhsip, it’s definitely one of the cheapest ways to access these services.
So just do it.
Get familiar with the benefits available to you.
If you’re not yet a CBC member, please consider joining.
(If you are already a member and are not already receiving emails from the NSWBC, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to find out what’s up).